QR code identification is fully supported in Freja eID, both on mobile and desktop.
In both scenarios the procedure is very simple and intuitive.
- A user comes to your website via a desktop browser
- They scan the QR code with their phone and approve with Freja eID
- A user comes to your website and chooses to identify themselves with Freja eID
- The QR code is verified in the background and they are taken straight to Freja eID
- Same as above, they approve the action with Freja eID to gain access to your service
On mobile phones, the procedure is even simpler since no QR code is shown to the user. We still consider it QR code identification since the same process is happening in the background.